Sunday 23 November 2014

[Xinyi/信義] UZNA OMOM 杏桃鬆餅屋阪急店

[Xinyi/信義] UZNA OMOM 杏桃鬆餅屋阪急店


Rating: 8 out of 10


Address: 信義區阪急百貨一樓 Xinyi Area, Hankyu Department Store, First Floor

Phone Number: 02-2722-0179

Opening Hours: Sunday - Thursday 7:30-21:30 and Friday - Saturday 7:30-22:00

Directions: Take blue line MRT to Taipei City Hall, Exit 3 and Hankyu Department Store is to the right next to W Hotel.


Uzna Omom (Hankyu Department Store branch) has a nice atmosphere as they have big full-length windows to allow you to do some people-watching. The seating area is both chic and has a slight lounge bar feel. We were seated in the sofa area which had comfortable seats thus making it an enjoyable afternoon tea. It is not as packed during weekdays as well, so we didn't need to cram with other people.



[Souffle Pancakes - 蘇芙蕾厚鬆餅 (w)] - $250




Even though they are called souffle pancakes, to me, they are more like fluffy sponge cakes. The texture of the cake is very fluffy and light, it is not as thick as pancakes or waffles. It comes with honey and butter so you can have a salty souffle pancake if you go with butter or have it sweet with honey.

This makes for a very light dessert if you are still feeling peckish after a meal but don't want something too heavy. I would definitely go back again!


[Matcha Latte - 抹茶拿鐵] - $180


I love ordering the Matcha Latte here because it is unique in the sense that you can make the Latte yourself! You can enjoy your own creation when you drink it! Check the picture below where the waitress is showing me how it's done.


You can adjust the sweetness and milkiness of the Matcha Latte with the syrup and milk that they provide. 


My creation!!! It was pretty tasty although it looked slightly like leek soup! It was weird to drink from a bowl though But overall, the matcha taste blended well with the milk and syrup. I used mostly all the syrup because otherwise, for me, it would be slightly bitter without all the syrup.


[Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows - 經典可可拿鐵] - $160



The marshmallows are in the shape of flowers and gives it a very cute effect but they melt very quickly! This was a milky hot chocolate as the milk taste was stronger than the chocolate. I liked it because I prefer milkier hot chocolates!


[Overall Thoughts]

This visit was my second time and I mostly go for the Souffle Pancake because it is more unique and always fulfills my craving for a light, sponge cake dessert. 

I would recommend this place as the desserts are one-of-a-kind that you don't get anywhere else. Pricing is reasonable and destination convenient!

Please like or subscribe to my posts if you like it and I will keep updating with where to go and where not to go :)!

No comments:

Post a Comment